Hi Kids Bible Clubbers, When Jesus prayed his prayer of praise in Matthew 11:25 he and his disciples were in the Galilee Region this was their third ministry visit to the region of Galilee. Let’s take a look at the places he traveled during this ministry visit in region of Galilee.
- This ministry tour began probably Capernaum in the second year of his ministry. Next, Jesus Travels to Nazareth and is rejected.
- After his rejection in Nazareth, he traveled through Tiberius and then onto Chorazin and Bethsaida. It was in the area of Bethesda that Jesus heard of the beheading of John the Baptist occured. Jesus, had performed many miracles in and around Bethseda in his earlier ministry visits. But, the people of Chorazin and Bethseda rejected his teaching. 20 Then Jesus began denounce the cities wherein most of his had been performed in earlier ministry visits, because they repented not. 21 He went onto say “Woe unto thee, Chorazin!” and “Woe unto thee, Bethsaida!” for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon which were done in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.
- Jesus and his disciples feed the 5000 around the area of Bethsaida.
- Jesus has his disciples across the lake to Gennesarat, and he stayed went to Pray on the mountainside. While the disciples were on the lake a great storm came up and the disciples lost faith, Jesus walked on water to save them and calm the storm.
- While around Gennesart Jesus reveals who he is to many of his followers. Many of followers deserted Jesus. Jesus asked his chosen twelve if they wanted to desert him.
Hi Kids Bible Clubbers, we will be learning from the following verses, In Luke 10:21 and Matthew 11:25. Jesus, knew how to please his father in heaven. Jesus pleased God in his prayer at his baptism. In the scriptures we will study how Jesus, shows us the joy he receives in praying to God from the Holy Spirit. Let’s read Luke 10:21. Jesus rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and thanked God and said, “O Father Lord of heaven and earth, thank you for hiding your spiritual truth from those who think they are wise and clever of this world; Yet, you reveal your truth, and joy to the humble and childlike newcomers. Yes, Thank you for God our Father it’s pleasing to see you do it this way.”
In Matthew 11:25 NIV Jesus said,
At that time “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.
What do you think God and Jesus are teaching us with Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21. In Luke Jesus rejoiced and in Matthew Jesus praised God. In Luke, we hear Jesus rejoice. Jesus’s joy comes from him knowing and walking with God in obedience to God. That is a lesson for us all, to have everlasting joy and peace will only come when we live for God. Charles E. Hummel wrote in the In Tyranny of the Urgent, “Jesus’ prayerful waiting for God’s instructions . . . gave Him a sense of direction, set a steady pace, and enabled Him to do every task God assigned” 12 . In Matthew 11:25 , Jesus praised God . What does it mean to praise God? In webster’s dictionary it say “ to glorify and worship God. (For Jesus it meant to glorify God by talking and praying with him. In psalms we see the psalmist praise God. You are my God, and I will praise You; You are my God, I will exalt You. Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever. (Psalm 118:28–29). Have you praised God?
Do you think Jesus is talking to you when he says, “because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” ?
I do believe he talking to your being here today and learning God’s holy scriptures, Jesus will reveal his truth to you. What have you learned from today’s lesson?
When you study God’s word and prayer and talk with him he will reveal hidden truths to you. That is another reason Jesus praised God, because of God infinite wisdom in sharing knowledge and truth with those who would use it in the right way and not abuse other with it.